PAHC Management & Services Corporation is currently looking for a full time Assistant Property Manager for a 45 unit tax credit property in Palo Alto who will be responsible for assisting the Senior Site Manager and/or Property Supervisor with the daily operations of the property.
Summarized Key Functions of Position:
• Basic knowledge of affordable housing
• Maintain and update waiting list in accordance with all Fair Housing Laws and PAHCMSC policies..
• Administer resident application and eligibility process, confirming that an applicant meets Resident Selection Criteria.
• Coordinate initial applicant certification and preparation of move-in file.
• Coordinate unit turnovers within benchmark timings
• Instruct new residents on House Rules and Lease requirements.
• Schedule move-in inspections and provide information about appliances and common facilities.
• Assist Site Manager with annual resident certifications as specified in the regulatory agreements.
• Maintain accurate and orderly resident and administrative files according to PAHCMSC policies.
• Post rents & other charges; prepare and make bank deposits
• Process nonpayment of rent notices and assist with preparation of unlawful detainer actions as required.
• Assist Site Manager with printing and review of month-end accounting reports.
• Maintain inventory of all office and maintenance equipment.
• Maintain work order system, and filing of work orders in unit files
• Assist with maintaining high standard of cleanliness of the property.
• Perform move-in and move-out inspections, and annual unit inspections.
• Purchase and maintain inventory of maintenance and janitorial supplies.
• Perform daily inspection of all common areas and grounds.
• Enforce Lease provisions and House Rules.
• Other duties as assigned.
• A minimum of one year experience in on-site property management.
• Must have the ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Knowledge of regulatory and compliance programs, such as TCAC and HUD.
• Strong administrative and organizational skills.
• Excellent communication skills. Ability to respond to property and tenant crisis.
• Ability to work with people in a congenial, but authoritative manner.
• Ability to multi-task and strong attention to detail a must
• Computer skills in Word, Excel and Yardi
• Must have valid driver license, insurance and reliable transportation
Salary $16 to $18 per hour DOE
Competitive benefits package
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
This position will process payables for PAHC and related entities. He/She will also handle data entries and filing for the accounting department. This position is an integral part of the accounting team that aids in keeping all fiscal matters current.
PAH is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefit package includes medical, dental, vision benefits plus 403(b) plan.
Job Type: Full-time
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Palo Alto Housing, we are “Building Stories That Matter”. Come join us in providing quality affordable housing and onsite support services that help our diverse community grow and thrive! Our values: Integrity; Collaboration; Care; Empowerment; and Excellent Customer Service. If these values resonate with you and you love working with families from all backgrounds and have hands-on experience in after school program delivery, come join our team as Family Service Coordinator and Youth Program Leader at our affordable housing properties in Palo Alto.
Position Overview: Family Service Coordinator & Youth Program Leader
40 hours per week
Monday-Friday, 9:00-6:00pm, (including evening obligations 2-3 times per month)
Compensation: $20-23/hour, plus excellent medical, dental & visions benefits, vacation, paid holidays and very generous employer-contributed retirement plan.
Our benefits package is amazing!
The mission of our Resident Services Program is to partner with residents to create an empowering living environment through strengths-based, resident-driven, impactful programming. Our youth program is an intentionally designed community space for youth living in our housing complexes to build skills in academics, leadership and life skills.
(60%) Service Coordinator: In this position, you will have the opportunity to work in a social services setting with diverse families as an investigator, educator, community-builder, liaison, and service facilitator. The ideal candidate is one who is interested in supporting personal growth in others, has a dynamic personality, and has excellent interpersonal communications skills. As Family Service Coordinator, you will be responsible for managing all aspects of the Family Services program at two housing locations including planning, implementing, evaluating, and facilitating educational programs. You will also be responsible for creating marketing materials and implementing outreach efforts in recruiting families for participation as well as coordinating volunteers and partner agencies to bring in specialized resources. You will provide daily office hours for support counseling services, which entails using Motivational Interviewing to provide empathetic listening and connections with social services. You will also work closely with residents and property management staff to troubleshoot and problem solve around housing retention needs.
(40%) Working alongside the youth living in our housing as they grow and mature is an incredible opportunity! As one of our dedicated and passionate Youth Program Leaders, you will provide day-to-day running of our after school and summer program, serving youth ranging from grades 1-12, while building mentoring relationships with amazing kids! You will be responsible for welcoming youth, providing a structured homework help session, serving a healthy snack, managing behavior, planning & leading a daily enrichment activity, and cleaning up the program space, all in coherence with our youth program quality standards. You will have the opportunity to attend regular youth work methods trainings to enhance your expertise in helping youth build their communication, collaboration, critical-thinking and creativity skills.
To apply: Send your resume and thoughtful cover letter to Kate Young, VP Resident Services, email@example.com Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. Please title the subject line “FS Coordinator”. We look forward to hearing from you!