- Maintain and update waiting list in accordance with all Fair Housing Laws and company policies.
- Administer resident application and eligibility process for leasing the units. Confirm that a prospective resident meets established Resident Selection Criteria.
- Instruct new residents on House Rules and all Lease requirements.
- Schedule move-in inspections and provide information regarding the use of appliances and common area facilities.
- Perform annual resident recertifications using guidelines specified in the regulatory agreements.
- Perform all tasks related to unit turnovers in a timely manner (0-5 days depending upon renovation needed).
- Assure compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Maintain accurate and orderly resident and administrative files according to company policies.
- Prepare and make bank deposits; post rents and other income.
- Process nonpayment of rent notices and prepare unlawful detainer actions as required.
- Perform monthly transactions and maintain accurate data on rent software program.
- Perform and review month-end accounting reports.
- Maintain inventory of all office and maintenance equipment.
- Account for petty cash.
- Oversee all expenditures and submit accounts payables within specified timeframe.
- Report monthly variances on financial statements and monitor the operating budget.
- Maintain work order system, and maintenance records.
- Maintain schedule of repainting and replacements for each unit.
- Maintain high standard of cleanliness of the property.
- Oversee vendor contracts.
- Assure all safety and security issues are addressed.
- Perform move-in and move-out inspections, and annual unit inspections.
- Purchase and maintain inventory of maintenance and janitorial supplies.
- Perform daily inspection of all common areas and grounds.
- Enforce Lease provisions and House Rules.
- Supervise maintenance.
- Assist resident support services program. Work cooperatively & collaboratively as a team with resident and support services staff
- Respond to emergencies after hours as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience in on-site property management providing housing to homeless, elderly, special needs and/or veteran population is a plus.
- Knowledge of regulatory and compliance programs, such as TCAC and HUD.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to respond to property and tenant crisis.
- Ability to work with people in a congenial, but authoritative manner.
- Proficient using Microsoft Word and Excel & Yardi
- Ability to work with people of diverse social, economic and ethnic backgrounds
- Must have valid California driver’s license, reliable transportation and proof of current auto insurance
Interested parties should submit an application with their resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.